Acute GP Team (formerly GP Support Unit)
Acute GP Team (AGPT) - NBT
Please see the services Information for GP Practices in Bristol (PDF)
Acute GP Team (AGPT) - UHB
The Acute GP Team at UH Bristol will see and treat adults at risk of emergency admission who attend or are referred for admission to the Bristol Royal Infirmary.
The AGPT utilises a repertoire of alternative care pathways and resources within intermediate care and will also have access to investigations such as blood tests, ECG, CXR and CT as well as the opinion of the on-site medical team.
The service runs from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday.
A call handler with take demographics and NEWS score then you will be passed to an Acute GP Team Doctor to discuss the case. In times of high demand you may be offered a ‘call back’.
Referral Guidance - UHB
Refer by telephone via 0117 244 9283.
The service will see:
- Adults at risk of emergency admission who attend or are referred for admission to the Bristol Royal Infirmary
- Any patient who you are unsure whether they need admission, who needs further assessment, diagnosis or ruling out of a problem. These patients would previously have been seen on the medical take
Referral to the AGPT will result in three possible outcomes:
- Patient goes directly to the Acute Medical Unit (AMU – A300) or Ambulatory Care Unit (A413);
- GP and patient are offered an alternative to hospital admission via alternative care pathways or community alternatives or;
- Patient is invited to the Unit for further assessment by the Acute GP Team in the Ambulatory Care Unit (Location A413)