BNSSG Referral Service
The BNSSG Referral Service has been developed by the BNSSG CCG for and on behalf of, GP Practices in Bristol and North Somerset and South Gloucestershire. It has been developed as a result of the findings of the Bristol Referral Service and North Somerset Referral Support Service’s review and on the basis of national evidence about the effectiveness of referral services.
The service’s main purpose is to support patients and primary care to enable patients to receive the right care by the right person at the right time and place with minimum delays. The service outcomes include:
- Patients having a better experience of being supported with making a choice about their provider, receiving the right help to navigate the system.
- GPs have easier access to up to date information on caring for their patients. This includes clinical information and also choice support options. Information on referral advice and guidance and pathways can be found on Remedy: https://remedy.bristolccg.nhs.uk/
- Better information on referrals from a larger number of practices which will inform commissioning decisions and education for clinicians.
- Better use of the existing resources that have been allocated to planned care.
- Commissioners able to respond to requests from providers for support in managing demand in a more timely way. Commissioners will also be able to ensure that efforts are focussed on priority areas.
BNSSG Referral Service – Tel: 0117 900 2566
The BNSSG Referral Service is based at South Plaza, Marlborough Street in Bristol. It is open 5 days a week, Mon – Fri, 8:30am to 5:00pm.
Email us on: BNSSG.Referral.Service@nhs.net
Service Guide - information on various clinics, services and providers and how to refer to these. This guide gets regularly updated as information changes almost on daily basis.
- Bristol Referral Service Spring 2018 Newsletter
- Bristol Referral Service Summer 2017 Newsletter
- Bristol Referral Service Autumn 2017 Newsletter
Patient Information Leaflet
The Referral Service have produced a Patient Information leaflet which can be printed and given to patients which explains the referral process and what happens next.
We are currently awaiting for the leaflet to be translated and available in other languages (Somali, Punjabi, Bengali, Polish, Romanian, Urdu and Arabic) (Nov 2018)